Thursday, July 7, 2011

IT'S A BOY!!!!

Big Shocker, huh?! LOL!

I went to the doctor yesterday for a normal check up. The nurse came in with the Doppler to try and find the babies heartbeat, and could not find it. She went to go get another nurse and while she is gone the doctor comes in, and begins to talk to me. In the meantime, the nurse comes in and starts listening. Literally it seemed like she listened for a good ten minutes with no luck. So, the doctor called for an ultrasound, and I begin to freak out. This same thing happened at my 11 week appointment. I didn't stress at that appointment, b/c I new it was normal sometimes with the first appointment to not be able to hear it on the Doppler. Well, I'm fifteen weeks now, and it should (in my mind lol) be easy to find. Well this little one was trying to give Momma a hard time. They put me in a sub-waiting room, b/c there was 4 people ahead of me to have an ultrasound. That was the longest 45 minutes of my life. In the midst of tears I text Kevin, who couldn't get away from work. I told him, oh don't worry this is just a check up. Not a big deal, just the normal blood pressure, weight, etc.. Lol boy as I wrong. I text family and a few close friends and asked for prayers. I said lots of prayers, drank lots of water to try and stop the tears, even tried facebook and some solitaire on my iPhone to pass the slow time. Finally they call me back. I lay on the table, she puts the ultrasound thingy on my tummy and I heard the most beautiful sound in my life. =) Praise the Lord our baby is OK.
The nurse, typed a few things on her computer and I saw it!!! Our little boy. I knew it, it's a boy! She said, "do you want to know what it is?" I hesitated because Kevin wasn't there, but quickly said "it's a boy". She smiled and said yes. She tried to get a picture to show he was a boy, but he was a typical little man and kept covering it with his hand. lol! She did get a few more pictures of our little turtle though... It's neat to be able to see his little bones in all these pictures. I can't wait for my next appointment, for a long ultrasound. That was the appointment we were supposed to find out what we are having, but in the midst of our little scare God let us have a little joy in the midst of the worry.
Thank you Lord for answered prayers! You truly are an AWESOME God!

No comments:

Post a Comment